Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May the 4th Be with You!


Some people want to save the universe. I'd just like to have earrings for every occasion. Today is one of very few holidays (a kind of Star Wars Day) for which I do not have appropriate earrings. Well, okay, I have planets and space ships and stars but no real Star Wars earrings.

I do, however, have two Star Wars necklaces: the R2D2 shown in the photo and a Darth Vader. In the late 70s, when I was about 8 or 9 and very bored, I used to walk up to the Colony Shopping Center and buy myself a Pepsi or some candy and talk to the lady who worked the cash register in the drug store. I "had" to eat 10 Nestle Crunch bars and then send the wrappers, plus $3 of my allowance for shipping, for each pendant. I guess I couldn't eat fast enough to get C3PO.

R2's wheels don't spin, but at least his legs move. If he weren't so heavy, I'd be wearing him as an earring.

May the Fourth be with you!

1 comment:

  1. I do have Star Wars earrings now. http://thatwitchisme.blogspot.com/2011/05/and-also-with-you.html

    ReplyDelete