Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Margerita

After the success of my first potion, the Margini, I then wanted to create a Margerita. (Pronounced like "Marge-a-rita.") It had been a long time since I had tried tequila. I'm so glad the quest for the Margerita brought me back to this spirit which had been missing from my liquor cabinet for far too many years.

Unfortunately, my early attempts at creating the Margerita involved gold tequila, which I found to be too smoky in flavor for what I wanted. Once I got the clear kind, it was just a matter of getting the proportions right. Incidentally, I also wanted the Margerita to be purple, like the Margini. So this potion also uses Parfait Amour instead of Triple Sec. This is a frozen (blender) recipe. I'm not big on margaritas on the rocks.

The Margerita

1 oz tequila (the clear kind)
1 oz Marie Brizard Parfait Amour
1 oz fresh lime juice (about a whole lime)
1 tbsp Grenadine (about a third of a shot)
1 tbsp Blue CuraƧao
1 1/2 to 2 cups of ice

Blend all ingredients in electric blender on high setting and add ice until you get the consistency you want. In the photo, I used a green, apple martini rimming sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment