Saturday, March 13, 2010

Survey This, Pentagon

Please enjoy this email exchange between the Pentagon and a disgruntled Army wife (namely, me, while my husband was deployed in Iraq).



From: Me
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2006 11:28 PM
To: xxxx@ osd.pentagon.mil
Subject: Survey of Reserve Component Members

My husband keeps getting letters reminding him to fill out a Survey of Reserve Component Members. The problem is, he's deployed in Iraq. So I hope you'll forgive me for opening his mail. Since you're the DOD, you might be able to find him yourself and ask him to complete the survey. I could pass on the info, but being merely his wife, I kind of just have to sit around waiting for him to contact me, and you might know better than I when the next time that might be.

Your letter says the survey will take 30 minutes or less; that's fortunate because he is not allowed a second over 30 minutes of Internet or phone time (unless he wants to wait in line for another hour). I'm really not sure whether he might like to take those 30 minutes to complete your survey or to email his extremely lonely, stressed, and disgruntled spouse. I know which choice I'd like for him to make, though, so I was wondering...may I take the survey for him? I'm pretty sure my answer will be "extremely dissatisfied" to just about every question, so it shouldn't take me very long. His ticket number is XXXXXX.

-----Original Message-----
From: Reserve Component Survey
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:25 AM
To: Me
Subject: RE: Survey of Reserve Component Members

Thank you for contacting us about the December 2006 Status of Forces Survey of Reserve Component Members. We will update your husband's survey record with the information you supplied. No further action from you is required. We appreciate your patience should you receive reminder that was scheduled prior to your request.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us again by e-mail at XXXX@ osd.pentagon.mil

Thank you,

DMDC Survey Operations

1 comment: